Discover the ultimate Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions recipe, a perfect blend of savory flavors that’s not only a crowd-pleaser but also an ideal choice for a quick and delicious family dinner. This classic Italian dish combines juicy Italian sausages with colorful bell peppers and aromatic onions, all seasoned to perfection. Whether you’re looking for a hearty meal to impress guests or a simple yet flavorful weeknight dinner idea, this recipe offers an authentic taste of Italy right in your kitchen. Easy to prepare and versatile, it pairs wonderfully with pasta, rice, or bread, making it a top choice for those seeking delicious and easy Italian recipes.
- 1 lb Italian sausage (sweet, mild, or hot according to preference)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (choose different colors for variety)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth (optional)
- Fresh parsley or basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Brown the sausages: Place the sausages in the skillet and cook until they are browned on all sides. This usually takes about 10 minutes. Once browned, remove the sausages from the skillet and set aside.
- Sauté the vegetables: In the same skillet, add the sliced onions and bell peppers. Sauté until the vegetables are soft and the onions are translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Season: Sprinkle the vegetables with salt, pepper, and dried oregano or Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Deglaze the pan: If using, pour in the white wine or chicken broth to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
- Combine: Slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces and return them to the skillet with the vegetables. Cook for a few more minutes to ensure the sausages are cooked through and the flavors meld together.
- Garnish and serve: Garnish with fresh parsley or basil, if desired. Serve hot.
This dish can be served on its own, or with pasta, rice, or crusty bread. It’s a versatile recipe that can be adjusted to suit your tastes or dietary needs. Enjoy your meal!